Deliverables – Standard PhotoSat surveying package:
- 50cm precision colour or grayscale satellite ortho photo
- 15cm, 20cm or 30cm accuracy 1m bare earth elevation grid (DEM/DTM)
- 50cm or 1m contours (plus 5m, 10m and 50m contours)
- Colour elevation image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Direction of slope image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Mine site toes and crests
- Water body polygons
- Volume measurements
- Contours: 3D ArcGIS Shapefile or 2D MapInfo or 3D DWG
- Elevation grid: Floating Point Geotiff or .MIG (MapInfo compatible) or ASCII XYZ
- Colour Image: Geotiff
Additional formats are available; please let us know which format you require.
- DigitalGlobe License Agreement or Airbus: Pleiades End-User License Agreement
- PhotoSat General Terms of Sale
Accuracy & ground control
PhotoSat’s elevation grids have been demonstrated to have a relative vertical accuracy of 15cm to 30cm RMSE, and a relative horizontal accuracy of 50cm RMSE over horizontal distances of 10km. See PhotoSat accuracy discussion for more details on surveying accuracy.
- To achieve 30cm RMSE absolute accuracy, a minimum of 3 survey ground control points accurate to better than 10cm are required for areas up to 200km².
- To achieve 20cm RMSE absolute accuracy, a minimum of 10 survey ground control points accurate to better than 10cm are required for areas up to 100km².
- To achieve 15cm RMSE absolute accuracy, a minimum of 100 survey ground control points accurate to better than 10cm are required for areas up to 100km².
For larger projects, we request one ground control point every additional 200km². In the absence of ground control points the relative accuracy specifications apply and absolute accuracy is expected to be better than 3m RMSE. See PhotoSat ground control guidelines for more details on surveying ground control points.
For more information on PhotoSat surveying products, see the following: