Petroleum engineers are using our satellite surveys for:
- Maximizing the value of existing surface engineering data investments by reconciling project location data and extending it to a 1m survey grid.
- Improving seismic survey planning, and replacing GPS receiver point surveying.
- Project development with 50cm contours including access roads, well sites, pipeline routes and design, facilities planning and other civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Reducing the risk and associated expense of field crews in hazardous areas.
- Shortening project timelines.
- Geological targeting.
Experience PhotoSat has completed over 1000 international topographic mapping projects since 2004:
PhotoSat produces the world’s most accurate 1m bare earth elevation grids (DTM) with 50cm contours from satellite photos. Using our unique geophysical satellite data processing system, we produce topographic surveys with 4 times the elevation accuracy of conventional satellite elevation mapping. Our accuracies have been proven using tens of thousands of ground survey points for comparison. View our Proof of Accuracy Reports.
To achieve 20cm accuracy PhotoSat uses a unique technology and set of algorithms that were derived from oil and gas seismic processing. Find out more about our data processing methods on the Technology page.
PhotoSat satellite mapping benefits:
- Engineering quality satellite surveys available globally.
- Cost-effective alternative to surveying, LiDAR, and photogrammetry.
- Simplifies the surveying process: no in-country presence or permits.
- Minimizes the exposure of field crews when accessing hazardous or remote areas.
- Custom formats and projections.
Satellite surveying pricing
Our satellite survey package is produced on a project-by-project basis. Please send us the extents of your project area and we will prepare a quote.
Surveying Package includes:
- 1m bare earth digital elevation grid (DEM), accurate to better than 20cm
- 50cm or 1m contours
- 50cm satellite ortho photo
- 1m colour elevation image
- 1m slope direction (aspect) image
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 1-604-681-9770.
- 50cm precision colour satellite ortho photo
- 20cm accuracy 1m bare earth elevation grid (DEM/DTM)
- 50cm or 1m contours (plus 5m, 10m and 50m contours)
- Colour elevation image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Direction of slope image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Contours: 3D ArcGIS Shapefile or 2D MapInfo or 3D DWG
- Elevation grid: Floating Point GeoTIFF or .MIG (MapInfo compatible) or ASCII XYZ
- Colour Image: GeoTIFF
Additional formats are available; please let us know which format you require.
- DigitalGlobe License Agreement or Airbus: Pleiades End-User License Agreement
- PhotoSat General Terms of Sale
Accuracy & Ground Control
PhotoSat’s elevation grids have been demonstrated to have a relative vertical accuracy of 30cm RMSE, and a relative horizontal accuracy of 50cm RMSE over horizontal distances of 10km.
To achieve 30cm RMSE absolute accuracy, a minimum of three surveyed ground control points accurate to better than 10cm are required for areas up to 200km². For larger projects, we request one ground control point every additional 200km². In the absence of ground control points the relative accuracy specifications apply and absolute accuracy is expected to be better than 3m RMSE.
Oil and Gas
- Hydro dams
- Hydrographic mapping
- Direction of slope analysis
- Drainage analysis
- Flood plain analysis and modeling
- Wetland management
- Landslide risk assessment
- Line of sight analysis
- Cut and fill calculations and construction
Transportation and Utility Corridors
- Power line planning and construction
- Railway planning and construction
- Right-of-way planning
- Road and highway planning and construction
- Transmission line planning and construction
- Transportation corridor design
- Wind farm planning and management
Mapping and GIS
- DSM (digital surface models)
- DEM (digital elevation models)
- DTM (digital terrain models)