The 50cm contours from PhotoSat’s satellite surveys are used by engineers for well site and access road design. Our high accuracy data is also used for cut and fill volume estimates that are a key component of construction cost estimates. For existing roads, well sites, power lines and other infrastructure captured in the satellite photos, 50cm contours verify the as-built locations.
Satellite surveys for well site and road design:
- Reliable, engineering quality survey data without in-country presence
- Reduce the exposure to risk for surveyors and field crews in hazardous or remote areas
- Accelerates oil and gas projects by eliminating survey delays and uncertainty
- Data can be used in all project phases
Improve engineering design work
Our engineering grade surveys are ideal for:
- Well site surface location identification and selection
- Well pad construction design and cost estimates, including cut and fill volumes
- Emergency access planning
- Drainage and flooding
- Access road gradient and curvature assessment
PhotoSat’s satellite survey data
PhotoSat’s unique algorithms produce the most accurate survey data from satellite photos with accuracies better than 20cm in elevation. We have delivered over 900 projects globally.
Our satellite surveying package includes an engineering grade 1m survey grid accurate to better than 20cm and a 50cm satellite orthophoto.
Proof of accuracy
The accuracy of our satellite surveying has been proven using tens of thousands of ground survey points for comparison. View our Proof of Accuracy Reports.