PhotoSat provides off-the-shelf digital elevation grids (DEMs) for parts of the major oil producing regions of Texas. For other areas in Texas, we offer on-demand elevation data that we can produce using existing satellite imagery in a few days. Contact us at email@example.com with your project area and we will provide details, or visit our online store to order right away.
The vertical accuracy of PhotoSat’s 1m elevation grids in Texas is better than 1m, making the data suitable for engineering and precision GIS tasks. The satellite survey is bare earth (DTM) with man-made features and vegetation removed, making the data ideal for construction and development planning. These elevation grids are used by our oil and gas clients for:
- Reducing the need for ground surveyors
- Well site and well pad design
- Pipeline route, powerline, and road planning
- Seismic planning
- Slope analysis
- Environmental assessment and planning
For even higher accuracy, we offer a 20cm accuracy surveying package anywhere in the world.
Texas Elevation Data Pricing
Pricing for our digital elevation package can be determined by visiting our online store, or emailing us for a quote.
Surveying Package Includes:
- 1m bare earth elevation grid (DTM), accurate to better than 1m in elevation
- 50cm greyscale precision satellite orthophoto
- 1m contours
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-604-681-9770.
1m colour image of the elevation grid (DTM)
1m contours draped over colour elevation image
50cm greyscale satellite ortho photo
- 50cm greyscale satellite orthophoto (GeoTIFF)
- 1m accuracy 1m bare earth elevation grid (Floating Point GeoTIFF)
- 1m contours (3D ArcGIS Shapefile)
Projection / Datum
- UTM / WGS84 or
- Texas State Plane / NAD27
- DigitalGlobe Internal Use License Agreement
- PhotoSat General Terms of Sale
PhotoSat’s Texas Elevation Grids have a relative vertical accuracy of 1m RMSE, and a relative horizontal accuracy of 1m RMSE.