STANDARD MAPPING PACKAGES
Photosat Mapping Deliverables 3.0M Vertical Accuracy
3.0m vertical accuracy, 5m elevation grid from ALOS PRISM and Cartosat-1 satellite photos
- 3.0m vertical accuracy, 5m elevation grid of the visible earth surface (DEM/DSM)
- 2.5m pixel precision colour satellite ortho photo
- 5m contours (10m, 50m and 100m contours)
- Colour elevation image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Direction of slope image (in areas of sparse vegetation)
- Contours: 3D ArcGIS Shapefile or 2D MapInfo or 3D DWG
- Elevation grid: Floating Point GeoTIFF or .MIG (MapInfo compatible) or ASCII XYZ
- Colour Image: GeoTIFF
- Additional formats are available; please let us know which format you require.
- JAXA: ALOS PRISM End-User License Agreement or
- PhotoSat General Terms of Sale
Accuracy & Ground Control
PhotoSat’s 5m elevation grids have been demonstrated to have a relative vertical accuracy of 3.0m to 5.0m and a relative horizontal accuracy of 5.0m over horizontal distances of 10km. See PhotoSat mapping overview for more details on mapping accuracy.
To achieve 5.0m RMSE absolute accuracy, a minimum of three surveyed ground control points accurate to better than 50cm are required for areas up to 1,000km². For larger projects, we request one ground control point every additional 1,000km². In the absence of ground control points the relative accuracy specifications apply and absolute accuracy is expected to be better than 10m RMSE. See PhotoSat ground control guidelines for more details on surveying ground control points.